Global Wind Technology Services Pty Ltd (GWTS) is a company dedicated to solving flow structure interaction problems through the use of globally available resources. The company uses wind tunnel experiments, computational Fluid dynamics, parametric modelling and experienced engineers to deliver the most practical value engineering solutions for challenging wind engineering problems. GWTS wind engineers have experiences across all continents thus integrates a global approach with local needs.
GWTS is structured to be capable of working in a multi-disciplinary design environment and deliver a holistic solution to a given project providing alternative solutions and advising the best recommendation to achieve a goal within project boundary constraints is a prime consideration in GWTS strategy and solutions.
GWTS provides wide variety of wind engineering consulting services worldwide. We use the Monash University Wind Tunnel Laboratory for wind tunnel testing. Our services includes wind tunnel tests for structural loads, cladding pressures, pedestrian comfort and pollutant dispersion. The computational fluid dynamics services include thermal comfort, ventilation, microclimate, pollutant dispersions and wind distributions in a wide area.
Global Wind Technology Services (GWTS) in association with the Monash University Wind Tunnel Laboratory uses the biggest wind tunnel in Australia and methodologies unsurpassed in the commercial market. This association is important to the commercial aspect of the market where we aim to improve and provide best possible partnering arrangements with our clients by:
- Improving the reliability and cost effectiveness of structural design
- Ensuring an adequate measure of safety against aerodynamic instabilities for tall, slender and flexible buildings, or buildings of unusual aerodynamic shape.
- Increasing human comfort and safety, through information on sway and twist accelerations and torsional velocities.
- Allowing for the proximity to prominent topographic features and other structures
- Assisting in the design of the building envelope.
- Achieving acceptable ventilation and air quality in exterior and interior spaces
- Ensuring human comfort and safety in outdoor areas.